Genesis - MHA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Switch Accounts

Staff

Kai

Hideki

AyaseNaosukeCypher

Hideki

Staff Online
Early Bird's Special
Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:28 pmKai
With more and more …
Building the Basics
Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:28 amKai
Welcome Everyone to …

Go down

How should we keep time on Site?

4 - 67%
2 - 33%
0 - 0%
0 - 0%

Total Votes: 6

Poll closed
Kai
Kai
Cash : 8

Early Bird's Special Empty Early Bird's Special

Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:28 pm
With more and more of the guidelines getting completed, we're getting to a point where people can actually start roleplaying! which is exciting, and to thank everyone who's been here, and who will be here up until the official release of site. For this, I've giving everyone up until official release one Redeemable token henceforth known as the "Early Bird's Token" You can cash that token in at any time before the official launch by making a post in this thread by using the following template.
Template:

Now what are these tokens redeemable for? Well just about anything! within reason of course, we aren't going to grant you All for one, or One for all, but may grant you a restricted quirk without rolling if that's what you really want. As for some examples of what you can get

• Up to an A-rank Support item (can be illegal!)
  • A legendary C-rank Hero costume (With 1 Enhancement!)
  • Recommendations for a source of your choice (must be reasonable IC) to get into U.A or Shiketsu! or another school of your choice (comes with a free 9 Stat points)
  • up to 18 stat points!
  • Up to 6 free C-rank techniques!
  • 10% increased experience or Reputation gain until official launch!
  • Up to 100 Reputation!
  • And many many more things!

Please be aware that these tokens are only redeem once per person, not once per account, and that they should be things that can normally be obtained via regular means. This means no Quadruple quirks, or SSSSS-Rank Stats. Additionally passive bonuses, like hard +'s to your stats or damage or something alike won't be considered.

Additionally, the poll is up! this time, it's about how we keep track of time on site. There are 3 options, Season-Based, Month-Based, or Year-Based

For Genesis, the plan is to have every year in real world time equate to 2 years IC time. This means that a new year rolls around every 6 months IRL time, a new will pass in Genesis.

For month-based time keeping, this means we'd be keeping track of each and every month, updating a calender on the 16th and 1st of every month to reflect the new month. This form of time keeping would be the most accurate, however it would restrict staff to keep a very strict schedule, and it might cause certain things to get delayed or put off, and then IC explainations will need to be created for why things like Entrance exams or the like haven't been done on time. While this problem might occur with any time keeping method, it's particularly notable with this one.

Year-based time keeping, means we'd only update the calendar every 6 months IRL time, and it would allow staff a fair amount of freedom in choosing when and how to do things within those 6 months. However it might make it difficult and inconsistent between for the IC world when determining what the weather should be like, and what time of the year it is. Additionally, there won't be very much pressure on staff to get things done during the year, as long as they get it done by the end of it, and events and the like may happen randomly within those 6 month intervals.

Season-based time keeping is a healthy balance between the two, in which the calendar will be updated 4 times during the 6 month period. With the first two months being the winter months, the 3rd month being spring, the 4th and 5th months being summer, and the 6th month being fall. The calendar would be updated on the 1st of every month, with summer and spring done in two parts though the season remaining the same. This format is subject to of the drawbacks of the other time-keeping methods however in less heavy ways, and also has the benefits of both of them, in that players will know the season/time of year, and it keeps staff on pace, without being too narrow and strict.

The final option that wasn't mentioned before, is to simply not keep time on the site. While this means that players won't know what time or year the site currently resides in, it also means players are much more free to manipulate time, as RPing is a hobby for most, some can't keep up with the demand on writing very much within a short time period, and this would allow them to write threads that may take a bit of time to complete, but then go into their next thread as if it were the next day.
Hideki
Hideki
Cash : 70

Early Bird's Special Empty Re: Early Bird's Special

Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:42 pm
I'll go first?

Name: Hideki
Desire: I want trait points to spend and grab a few traits for my character early! So... whatever you feel is the appropriate/proper amount of TP to come out of this?
Naosuke
Naosuke
Cash : 0

Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:55 pm
Name: Naosuke (Craig)
Desire: 18 stat points! Let's start at Control Rank B
Kaede Hoshi
Kaede Hoshi

Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:33 am
Name: Spirit
Desire: Recognized Wealthy background, So maybe it counts to just start with more cash, or be known as the daughter of some wealthy hero / normal people... or have money from 'the family business.' whatever choice works out for yall's side I'm sure I can string the story to work alongside it.~ (Personally leaning to maybe just a canon recognized family name to some degree.)
Joho
Joho

Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:23 pm
Name: Red
Desire: The C rank legendary outfit (villain style) for me please!
Kai
Kai
Cash : 8

Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:24 pm
It looks like we can do all of these! so!

Early Bird's Special D7AL8ge

Hideki wrote:I'll go first?

Name: Hideki
Desire: I want trait points to spend and grab a few traits for my character early! So... whatever you feel is the appropriate/proper amount of TP to come out of this?

Feel free to add 15 TP to your tracker, linking this post as the source.

Naosuke wrote:Name: Naosuke (Craig)
Desire: 18 stat points! Let's start at Control Rank B

Control rank set to B, you can turn in the additional stat points when you register your stats after character creation. Be sure to link this post a source for the free stat points.

Kaede Hoshi wrote:Name: Spirit
Desire: Recognized Wealthy background, So maybe it counts to just start with more cash, or be known as the daughter of some wealthy hero / normal people... or have money from 'the family business.' whatever choice works out for yall's side I'm sure I can string the story to work alongside it.~ (Personally leaning to maybe just a canon recognized family name to some degree.)

Definitely! Write up your character app, and when it's done, I'll look over the backstory to see what kind of asscaition we can get you. This might just work as recommendation +  bonus starting cash instead of bonus Stat points though.

TheRedRibbon wrote:Name: Red
Desire: The C rank legendary outfit (villain style) for me please!

Done! link this post when you go to make it after character creation!
Ayase
Ayase
Cash : 30

Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:53 pm
Name: Ayase
Desire: I want my name to be pink. Specifically #eaabcd
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum